Sunday, October 9, 2011

Narrative

I changed the topic from "personal narrative" to plain old "narrative" because I want you to take poetic license and generate a work of fiction that illustrates your best creativity.  I will maintain that the best short stories are those that reflect personal experience, one that many other people have yet to endure.  Or perhaps, a deep criticism that many people don't contemplate as in "Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge," one of my favorite short stories.  Today, I challenge you to consider your graphic organizers as a mere springboard of thought, and type up to two pages that engage the reader with your created protagonist.  Make the reader feel like he/she is part of the conflict by sparing no details.  Don't just merely tell me what is going on, but make me feel what is going on through sharing the same experiences as the protagonist.

I don't need to be present to check your work ethic.  Make a timed-goal to write for whatever reasonable and challenging time allotment you create and stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!